Apart from the famous attractions in Ho Chi Minh City like War Remnants Museum, Cu Chi Tunnels, Central Post Office, The Independence Palace, Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, etc I would like to recommend you one of the must-visit places for those who like to discover the local life and traditional cultures, oh yes, it is Ben Tre – Mekong Delta, 90 kms (2 hour drive) away from Saigon.
Famous as the “Land of Coconut,” Ben Tre will bring you an authentic and relaxing experience for sure! Stop at a small village, surrounded by paddy fields and take a short walk to explore local life.
Land of Coconut (The kid is so cute ^^)
Well, I used to sit on boat like this
Back to Saigon 🙂
1. ITINERARY (From 08:00am to 16:00pm – 08 hours duration)
7:00 – 7:45 am: Pick up at hotel by Minivan 16 seats. Then transfer to Tan Cang Pier.
8:00 am: Depart to Authentic Mekong Delta Area (Ben Tre province) by Luxury Speedboat tour. Once on board, enjoy a light breakfast of The Pat’ a Chou Cake and see the panoramic view.
9:30 am: Arrive Ben Tre province
- Walk inside the local market to discover local daily life. A chance to see many local fruits, products and goods .This is great time for make photo.
- Try some of their typical fruits and keep cruising to Ben Tre province. (Real Mekong Delta Area)
- Experience the peaceful atmosphere of water region by rowing a small boat through small canals with conical hat.
- Taste special wines of Snake/Scorpion(optional)
- Hearing the story about the local plantations and their “friendly”
- Enjoy a cup of honey tea from local family recipe.
- Listen to the Southern traditional folk music was handed down for over 100 years (listed by UNESCO as intangible cultural heritage of the world – Don Ca Tai Cu)
- Get on the Vietnamese Lambro Tuk – Tuk (vehicle using for schools and works), and ride in the winding village road to see the local houses & gardens.
- Visit a small family business of coconut candies, hearing how they use every ounce coconuts for their life.
1:00 pm: Cruise to Riverside restaurant with panoramic view. After that, we will serve you Vietnamese set menu lunch with delicious 7 courses, especially is Elephant Ear fish (one very special dish in Mekong Delta), rice -paper served with fish sauce and other dishes.
2:00 pm: Finish lunch and head to Saigon
4:00 pm: Arrive back to Saigon to be dropped off at your place of stay.
- Insurance on boat
- Entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Lavie water and wet towels.
- Hotel pick up and drop off (District 1)
- The pat a chou cake & seasonal fruits at local market
- Vietnamese traditional set menu lunch – 7 courses at Riverside Restaurant
3. KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- List of Shoes recommended: sandals, hiking boot, high- tops, trainers and sneakers
- Insect spray should be needed before entering Mekong Delta Area.
- Raincoat will be automatically prepared by Saigon River Tour for customers.
- Please keep and take care of your children beside you during the Tour
- Sunscreen should be needed before entering Mekong Delta Area.
Tour Departure Time: 8:00 AM
Tour Length: Approximately 8 hours
Group Tour: The Mekong Delta is completely operated by Saigon River Tour using our own private tour guide.
– Adult: VND 2,499,000 per person
– Child (under 12 years old): 75% on Adult price
– Child (under 8 years old): 50% on Adult price
– 1st Infant (under 4 years old): free of charge
Private Tour: Same itinerary as the Saigon River Tour group tour, the trip are fully operated by Saigon River Tour using our own private tour guide.
|Group size||Price per group|
|1 – 2 persons||VND 12,000,000|
|Extra person||VND 3,000,000 per person|
– Pick-up and drop-off at Phu My port: VND 4,000,000 per car (Max 12 persons/ car)
– Non-english speaking guide (Chinese, French, German, …): VND 2,000,000 per person
(The above rates are not included mandatory Government and service charge)
- Photo: Saigon River Tour.
- If you are interested, please contact me via inbox or send email to email@example.com